The membership of the Antigua Barbuda Hotels & Tourism Association is open to all hotels, restaurants, airlines and companies directly or indirectly involved in the tourism sector of Antigua & Barbuda.
Joining the Association is a way of showing your support of the island’s tourism product and helping us to further develop our tourism industry. The benefits are listed below together with our membership fee structure.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. Collective Marketing, Advertising, Promotions and Public Relations
Listing on ABHTA website www.antiguahotels.org for tourism related businesses
Listing on ABHTA website www.members.antiguahotels.org for all Associate Members
Listing on ABHTA booking website www.BookAntiguaNow.com for hotels, attractions and car rentals
Social media – ABHTA Facebook page
Press and travel agent fam trips
ABHTA Newsletter and press releases
2. Government Advocacy
• Enactment of legislation
• Duty free concessions
• Lobbying on national, regional and international tourism issues
3. Labour & Employee Benefits
ABHTA is the Collective Bargaining Agent for the hotel industry with the ABWU
ABHTA Retirement Fund with ECAB
ABHTA Health Insurance Plan with State Insurance open to all AHTA members
Access to ABHTA employment Facebook page @antiguahoteljobs. Free listing of jobs within tourism sector
4. Access to International Trade Shows
• World Travel Market (WTM) & ITB
• CHTA’s Caribbean Marketplace (CHTA members only)
• North American & Regional Trade shows
5. Membership in Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association (CHTA) and Attendant Benefits
• Attendance at CHTA-sponsored regional trade fairs/retreats/other events
• Discounted room rates at select CHTA member hotels in the USA and Europe
• International Networking Opportunities
6. Education, Training, Scholarships and Awards
• Numerous training opportunities and language classes
• Scholarship opportunities through the AHTA Tourism Development Fund and CHTA Education Foundation
• Annual National Tourism Awards
7. Communication Medium and Channel for input on matters of tourism management and development.
8. Networking Opportunities
9. ABHTA Office as a point of contact, clearing house, resource center for members on industry-related matters and more, and an information center for local and overseas enquiries.
Ordinary Members – Hotels
US$100 per room per annum for each of the first 30 rooms
US$75 per room per annum for each of the next 45 rooms
US$55 per room per annum for each of the next 75 rooms
US$30 per room per annum for each of the next 150 rooms
Dues are paid on a maximum of 300 rooms
All dues are subject to 15% ABST and are invoiced quarterly
Hotel members are invoiced on a quarterly basis
Associate Members – Restaurants & Tourism – related businesses
Companies over 40 employees – EC$1200 + 15% ABST per annum, invoiced annually.
Companies under 40 employees – EC$1000 + 15% ABST per annum invoiced annually.
Individual – EC$500 inclusive of 15% ABST per annum invoiced annually.
Application form to be accompanied by an initial processing fee of EC$200
EC$1200 per annum