The Antigua Barbuda ferry service uses the Barbuda Express which is an innovative wave-piercing catamaran giving maximum passenger comfort at high speed. The journey time of 90 minutes in nearly all weather conditions makes it ideal for business use and for day-trips or excursions.
The Barbuda Express runs 5 days a week between Antigua and Barbuda:
- Barbudans can spend a convenient day in St Johns for business &/or shopping with a liberal allowance for personal goods carried on board by hand.
- Antiguans can visit Barbuda for the day or longer, at reasonable rates, to enjoy the amazing beauty and peace of their sister island.
- Tourists can economically visit Barbuda with a selection of packages to explore and discover this undeveloped and little-visited island.
- Freight can be regularly and reliably moved between the islands.
Visit Barbuda, Antigua’s Sister Isle & one of the few unspoiled islands left in the Caribbean on a day tour.
- Miles of pristine white and pink sand beaches
- Wild East coast
- Unsurpassed diving / snorkeling
- Lobster breeding lagoon
- Caves at The Highlands
- Largest Frigate bird colony outside the GalapagosBarbuda Day Tour
The vessel leaves Antigua early in the morning for a 90 min. trip to Barbuda. There is a short taxi ride to Codrington where you meet the boats that will take you to the Frigate Bird Sanctuary. You will then return to Codrington where the taxi is waiting to take you on a short tour, including caves used by the Arawak Indians and the ruins of the Codrington family home, before delivering you to a beach for an “al fresco” lobster lunch under the trees. Plenty of time to relax, swim or snorkel until the taxi returns you to the ferry for the trip back to Antigua.
|Day Tour Fares|
|Children (0 – 2)||Complimentary|
|Children (3 – 12)||$100 US|
* $15.00 USD roundtrip fuel and insurance surcharge included in quoted prices.
For reservations, booking tours or general inquiries, see Contact Details below: